Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Dr. Facilier vs. Rasputin

While watching The Princess and the Frog recently, I noticed how similar Dr. Facilier's song where he describes his "Friends on the Other Side" is to Rasputin's song "In the Dark of the Night" from Anastasia. Looking at them again they don't seem as similar as I initially thought so perhaps it was simply the fact that both involve dark magic. Overall, I think Dr. Facilier's song is a much better version either way. Let me know if you feel the same!


1 comment:

  1. This is really interesting! I haven't seen Anastasia in ages but those two songs do sound kind of similar and for some reason. I think another similar-sounding song might be "Oogie Boogie's Song" from A Nightmare Before Christmas, another Disney classic (at least in my eyes). I'm not surprised that many Disney villians utilize the idea of "black magic." After all, Disney's Magic Kingdom was built on magic and the biggest threat to that would therefore be black magic. Also, the black magic songs make for a very visually appealing scenes, animation-wise, which might be another reason why Disney constantly uses them. Just some food for thought!

    ReplyDelete